Friday, November 21, 2008

Fire Anointing and Gift of 'Blowing'

I made a phone call to an overseas minister of God after reading his article, seeking the impartation of the fire of God to bless others. He instructed me to open my heart, focus on the cross, and simply receive whatever he prayed over me. During the prayer, he specifically asked me not to pray or speak in tongues but to maintain my focus and receptiveness. With authority, he invoked the fire of the Holy Spirit upon me, saying, "In the name of Jesus, I ask for the FIRE of the Holy Spirit to come upon bro. Thomas..."

In that moment, I felt heat over my head and experienced shaking in my hand. After ending the phone call, I decided to immerse myself in His presence by playing worship music. Suddenly, I found myself involuntarily "blowing" - forcefully breathing in and out. This phenomenon reminded me of witnessing people blowing in my previous church during healing classes. I wondered whether it was originating from within my own soul or a manifestation of the Holy Spirit's work.

Eager for answers, I reached out to the minister via email, and he responded by explaining that the fire represents the power to perform miraculous signs and wonders. He confirmed that "blowing" is indeed one of the powerful gifts of the Spirit, referencing John 20:22. He encouraged me to use this gift during my cell group meeting, emphasizing that the more I exercise it, the more powerful it becomes.

As I continued my research on this phenomenon, I recalled a booklet titled "Ministry of Holy Spirit and Fire" by John Maclennan. According to his teachings, when the power of God descends, our bodies may manifest various signs, including "blowing" - forcefully breathing in and out. This act symbolizes blessings and a covering coming upon us, similar to Jesus breathing on His disciples after His resurrection (John 20:22).

However, the story does not end there...

When my loved one returned from work, I laid my hands on her and prayed for her to receive the fire of God. Even before I began the prayer, she was overcome by the power of God and fell to the ground. Continuing in prayer, I invoked more of the fire of God and commanded healing in Jesus' name. She was ministered to by the Lord, and deliverance took place as she experienced episodes of coughing and vomiting. Afterward, she testified that she felt a significant sense of relief and felt lighter as if something had been released from her. Praise the Lord!

Jeremiah 23:29 (NKJV)

Is not My word like a fire?” says the LORD,

“ And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...