Friday, September 18, 2009

Your Praise Changes the Atmosphere

During lunch hour yesterday, I went back to my condo to prepare some food for last night's ministry. When I was praising and worshipping God, also with songs of praise being played at the background I felt the presence of God in a tangible way. I believed that something actually happenned in the spiritual and physical realm at that moment.

After I was done with what I needed to do, I was shocked to see 2 police cars and policemen with 2 men which were handcuffed when I took the lift down to the ground floor. The security guard recounted what happened when I asked him what was going on.

While patrolling the area, the security guard found a unit located on the 4th floor which was broken into (pecah rumah) by burglars. Immediately, he contacted the police and informed the management. When the police unit came, the burglars were still in the unit which allowed the police to catch them on the spot!

From my observation, I have never encountered the police in being so efficient in catching burglars. I started to ponder and recalled that the incident took place about the same time when I was praising and worshipping God. I believe that something must have happened when the praises ascended to heaven which brought changes to the atmosphere. The presence of God exposed the work of the enemy and put them to open shame.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. (1 John 38, Col 2:15)

I heard the song in the spirit by Joshua Mills "Your praise changes the atmosphere! Your praise changes the atmosphere!" Could it be the Lord telling me the praises in my house in the afternoon played an important role in the success of catching the burglars?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...